The Cancer Screening website is part of Débora Miranda’s final project as a Science Journalism MA student at City University London. The content moderator is Henry Scowcroft and technical support is provided by Ian Randall.
These are the terms and conditions of Cancer-Screening.net, and apply whenever you access this site from any device. By using the site you are deemed to have accepted these conditions. Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
Use of material appearing on cancer-screening.net
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
For the full terms and legal code of this Creative Commons license please visit the Creative Commons website.
You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of cancer-screening.net. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within cancer-screening.net.
Use of Comment and Message Boards
You agree to use cancer-screening.net messaging and comment boards in accordance with the following Rules:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. This includes text, graphics, video, programs, audio or web-links.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant cancer-screening.net community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- If you’re under 16 seek a parent or guardian’s permission before commenting.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
If you breach any of these Rules:
- Your comment will be removed
- Further content posted by you will be checked and you may not be allowed to contribute on the site again in the future.
Cancer Screening reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action at any time, for any reason.
The majority of content posted in comments and message sections is created by other members of the public and their views do not represent those of the Cancer Screening project, unless specifically stated. Débora Miranda, Henry Scowcroft and Ian Randall are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public.
Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on cancer-screening.net without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
You can access other sites via links from cancer-screening.net. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning cancer-screening.net or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that cancer-screening.net or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything that has destructive properties.
Cancer Screening does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the Cancer Screening team is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Cancer Screening for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to cancer-screening.net, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
Governing law & jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.